Home » Wanting to Rape

Wanting to Rape

I am a 32-year-old man and I am suffering from severe depression, dissociative disorder, PTSD from physical and sexual abuse and anxiety disorder. I have noticed that I have been drinking a lot since I began dissociating and losing time. Once I drink I dissociate and I am ready for anything, apparently. I have an obsession with raping women. Let me tell you that I am transgender and born female and have been raped myself at least 6 times. I know that it’s wrong and I think I would never want to hurt anyone like that. I haven’t told anyone because I’m scared they are going to lock me up. The more time goes on the more I crave this interaction. I don’t know what to do. Can you help me?

Wanting to Rape

A.

I admire you courage to write us and begin coping with these intrusive thoughts. There are new, effective treatments as well as tried and true methods to help with each of the symptoms you have mentioned. While I understand your reluctance, therapists don’t have people locked up because of their thoughts and they have tools that may be very helpful. I would highly encourage you to find a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist for an initial evaluation. The find help tab at the top of the page will help you find one in your earlier.

Wanting to Rape