Home » Disorders » Sleep » Disturbing Dreams

Disturbing Dreams

Let me start by saying I would never hurt my son in any way. I have a son who is almost two and I have had a few disturbing dreams about him. In these dreams I’m beginning to perform sex acts on complete strangers then when I look down again the person has turned into my son. In my dream I stop immediately and am very upset. I wake up feeling extremely disturbed and really crazy! I know I would never to anything to hurt him but I desperately want these dreams to stop! Lately in my life I have had a lot of stress and basically no sex drive or desire. I don’t know if this might be contributing to my dreams somehow but I really need help!

Disturbing Dreams

A.

Disturbing dreams like this can be very unsettling, but the fact that you are concerned about them and are looking for help is the important element.

Upsetting dreams can be caused by a variety of different reasons and your recent stress may indeed be part of it. I would encourage you to make an appointment with a clinical or counseling psychologist, or a psychiatrist who has experience with dreams as well as helping people cope with stress.

The find help tab at the top of this page can help you locate someone in your area.

Disturbing Dreams