Home » Ask the Therapist » I’m 13 and I Like a 20-year-old

I’m 13 and I Like a 20-year-old

From the U.S.: I’m thirteen and I like a 20 year-old. I have a tumblr, Doctor Who-based. I met a guy on tumblr who also likes Doctor Who. He posts selfies on his blog, I privately sent him some. I like him. We’re friends. I don’t think he likes me back.

I’m 13 and I Like a 20-year-old

A.

You don’t ask a question, but I’m going to give you an “answer” anyway. Here’s what’s real: Liking the same TV series and maybe liking what you see on a picture doesn’t make a friendship. What it might make is a fantasy. If he doesn’t like you back, it’s a good sign. People in their twenties who are mature know better than to get involved with a kid who is 13.

Make sure your parents know who you are talking to and what pictures are going back and forth. If you feel there is something to hide, then it isn’t appropriate for you to be talking to this guy at all.

I wish you well

I’m 13 and I Like a 20-year-old