Home » How to Deal with Heavy Self-Harm

How to Deal with Heavy Self-Harm

I been having heavy self-harm thoughts and the problem is I am looking to return to the work field. I am afraid that when get a job and have the urges to cut that I will be in psych ward and lose my job. I really do not know what to do and I do have a good support system. I just do not want to bother them.

How to Deal with Heavy Self-Harm

A.

Now that you have identified a problem, your next step should be consulting a mental health professional.

Mental health professionals are trained to help people who are engaging in self-harm. You can rely on them for support, advice and guidance. They can teach you better ways to deal with the strong emotions that drive you to want to self-harm. Gaining this knowledge and these skills could keep you out of the hospital and help you to remain employed.

You’re lucky to have a good support system. The only thing missing is the professional guidance of a therapist. You would feel a great deal of relief if self-harm were to no longer be a part of your life. That is possible with counseling. Please consider it. Take care.

How to Deal with Heavy Self-Harm