Home » Ask the Therapist » I Have Been Advised to Try EMDR

I Have Been Advised to Try EMDR

From the U.K.: Hi…I have been advised to try EMDR for trauma however my concern is that it won’t alleviate the trauma. If this is the case…what other options would I have? (I currently see a therapist)
Thanks

I Have Been Advised to Try EMDR

A.

Since you already see a therapist, she or he is the best person with whom to explore options. I don’t know what kind of work you’ve already done. By all means, give EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) a try. It has helped many, many people process trauma. It’s very possible it will help you. If not, the experience will still give you information about how you respond to something besides talk therapy alone.

I Have Been Advised to Try EMDR