Home » Parenting » Mother Causing Money Stress

Mother Causing Money Stress

My mother has been talking bad about me to family members because I sent my son on vacation with two-hundred dollars. He receives income from his deceased father, and she thinks the child should receive half each month. She said he will resent me later. She talks about my now husband, and believes he controls me and has turned me into someone else. She believes my spouse shouldn’t have a say in anything dealing with the children, especially finances, because he’s only a step-dad. I am overwhelmed with anger; I’m to the point where I’d rather have a distant relationship with her. She won’t listen to reason, she believes everyone is wrong and she is right. There’s no talking to her about her behavior. But my anxiety level is too high to keep going through this, help.

Mother Causing Money Stress

A.

Your instincts are right. It’s time to start distancing yourself from your mother. Her over-controlling nature combined with her lack of flexibility leaves you little choice but to detach. Here is an article about how to detach with love and compassion.

Mother Causing Money Stress