Home » Love Issues

Love Issues

I have a boyfriend but during a rough path i found myself hooking up with one of my friends who I considered as a good friend. I found myself lying to them about being in a relationship. Now I am avoiding being around them but the come around at times. I love my boyfriend but I also feel but not sure love the other person too. I do not know how to move forward. I am from a single parent home and often feel depressed at my dad so I use relationship to get attention. What do you propose is my problem and what should I do?

Love Issues

A.

It sounds to me as if you have a very good handle on some of the central issues. You know the relationship with your father is at the core, that you’re using relationships to gain attention, and that starting up another relationship may be sabotaging what you already have.

I would highly recommend some individual therapy as soon as possible to begin exploring your concerns about intimacy. The new relationship won’t have much value if downstream your disappointment leads to a similar solution. The Find Help tab at the top of this page will help you locate someone in your area.

Love Issues