Home » Now the Issue I Have Is Trust

Now the Issue I Have Is Trust

Quick past review. I was abused as a child, sexually physically and mentally.
Been in Psych Hospital for 4.5 months when I was 19..

I wanted to do the straight thing. Got married had 2 kids. My ex wife cheated on me. Every relationship I tried having afterwards ended on the same note. Only 1 relationship was domineering.

I was in June 2013 introduced to this guy and we hit it off very nice. The guys that introduced us were mutual friends. My bf and them used to have sexual encounters (not any more) In january this year I went to visit them and they tried to have their way with me. I left and never went back. I told my bf this. He was upset for about 2 weeks and moved passed this and keeps visiting them and talking to them.

Am I wrong if I asked my bf not to be friends with them? As they proved that they have no respect for me, him or our relationship.

This issue has caused so many big fights.

Now the Issue I Have Is Trust

A.

You are not wrong for wanting to have your boyfriend support on this. But I do think it would be important to enlist his help in finding a solution. Explained to him that you both have different needs but his friends have betrayed both he and you. It’s important that your boyfriend understands that when he stays connected to them it puts you in an untenable position. You can’t forget what happened and him staying in touch now makes it more difficult for you to understand why your boyfriend doesn’t see he was betrayed as well.

This is an opportunity to open the discussion. That’s what’s missing. He needs to hear the truth — you need to acknowledge the conflict. I would begin talking about what’s possible for a change between you and would highly recommend using a couples counselor to help you both work through this.

Now the Issue I Have Is Trust