Home » Ask the Therapist » Homicidal Threats

Homicidal Threats

I am 16 years old and I, recently was in a UNI (a mental institution for teens in Utah) for suicide attempt (overdose) and ever since I have been out of the hospital something has been different; my depression and anger levels have gone way up; higher than they were before. I have always had issues with my anger and it’s always been a huge problem in my childhood, but it’s been worse. I got in a fight with my dad and I threatened to kill him…brutally. Ever since I have been out of the hospital I’ve felt that something is different, really different and it is starting to cause problems and I’m afraid that in an outburst I might explode and do something and it is really scaring me. I just want to know what these homicidal thoughts and threats could mean. I just want to know what’s wrong with me.

Homicidal Threats

A.

It sounds as though your symptoms are growing more severe. Were your symptoms reported to the hospital? You should immediately report your symptoms to your treating mental health professionals.

You did not mention whether or not you’re taking medication. If so, then it’s possible that your medication may be causing your anger. The wrong dose of medication or the wrong type of medication can lead to an adverse reaction.

It’s difficult to know why you’re feeling homicidal towards your father, but it is imperative that you seek help immediately. Perhaps you were not ready to leave the hospital. Your symptoms and/or your medications do not seem well controlled.

Report these symptoms to your treating mental health professionals immediately. They should be able to assist you. If not and you feel as though you cannot control your behavior, then go to the emergency room or call 911 immediately. I hope you’re able to receive prompt help. Please take care.

Homicidal Threats