Home » Ask the Therapist » I Used to Get Attacked by a ‘Being’ That I Called ‘The Hand’

I Used to Get Attacked by a ‘Being’ That I Called ‘The Hand’

The Hand resembled a human hand attached to a toy with wheels, it would often be triggered by someone staring at a place for too long for example — my brother made his eyes go wide and stared across the room and I started freaking out because for some reason I believed that opened a portal to let the Hand get me. It would be accompanied by the sound of a train going past my house on rail way tracks – even though I never lived near a train — I would feel a tickling sensation on my feet and I would see a bulge appear at the bottom of my bed, it would tickle my feet so I’d open my blanket and it would jump out and try to strangle me. I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night due to fear — I’d often hear voices in my head or envision hallucinations such as seeing the star sign ‘Leo’ on my wall and being unable to sleep by some mysterious force until the stars had been joined up by light. I have MANY other problems that I faced in my childhood that I can’t talk about but I need answers for this main topic – what plagued my mind as a child? If you the therapist would like to contact me for a more detailed account of my child hood please do so. I have a lot to tell.

A.

The “hand” may have been a hallucination or your imagination. It’s possible that it was a response to the stress that you alluded to having experienced during your childhood. At this point in time, there may be no way to determine what it was.

I’m wondering if you ever reported this to your parents and or had the opportunity to be evaluated by a mental health professional. If so, it’s possible that you could review your mental health records. Those records might reveal a more complete description of that experience and the thinking of the mental health professionals who were treating you at that time.

You might also want to speak to your parents or your siblings about their memories of the event (assuming they were aware). It might help you to better understand what was happening at the time.

I’m sorry that I could not be of more assistance to you in answering your question. It may be advantageous to seek professional help, especially since you have faced many other problems as a child. Therapy is ideal for working through childhood issues in a safe, supportive environment. I hope you’re able to find the answers to your questions. Please take care.