Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Paranoid?

Paranoid?

My close friends say I’m being paranoid, while another says its a mild form of schizophrenia.

It kind if just started happening when I moved to Canada about two years ago. I’m always caught up on things like:
-People watching me through my living room window (there’s a big window that faces the neighborhood) and they watch my actions through that window.
-I’m always thinking about other people if they are talking about me behind my back
-I walk down the street scanning the area around me multiple times (sudden noises makes me jump)
-I think my the “vitamins” I drink are secretly anti-depressants (my mom never keeps the box, so I can never check)

It really never affected me that much until now, where my friends started saying that I was being schizophrenic about it and/or paranoid. Now another friend of mime says that she has been through the exact same scenarios as me and that her diagnosis was a mild form of schizophrenia. I just want to know whether or not my case is something to be worried about. What can I do to stop these intrusive thoughts and behaviors?

Paranoid?

A.

Your friends obviously care about you, and I’m glad that you have taken the time to write us here. It sounds to me like it would be a good idea for you to talk to someone who has experience in these matters. I would ask your mom to make an appointment with a therapist, your family doctor, or a psychiatrist so that you could talk to someone about these feelings. There can be a variety of different reasons why you’re feeling this way, but the best thing to do is to have it checked out by a professional.

Paranoid?