Home » Disorders » Depression » Super Happy, Then Super Sad

Super Happy, Then Super Sad

Hey, I’m 20 going onto 21 and i’m a female. So anyways, what I’m trying to say is that, well recently I’ve been feeling extremely depressed and it’s been going on for a week now. I always get depressed, for almost all my life now, but recently it just worsened. My family have begun getting angry at me, because I’ve been quite a b**** to everyone, even to people at work. But i can’t help it, i feel like i can’t control my emotions. Sometimes i cry for no reason. Sometimes, my heart starts beating really fast for a good 10 minutes and then it goes back to normal. My body will start to shake sometimes too.

Today I woke up feeling extremely happy, and felt like creating something, i started and am almost finished.
All of a sudden i get really depressed for no particular reason. I just didn’t want to talk to anybody, and got super frustrated. my hands are shaking a bit right now as i type this. I had to force a smile to my parent’s because i don’t want to be a b**** to them again. it’s not their fault. no body deserves to to be treated badly just because i can’t control my emotions. I really am so sick of it! how do i get rid of this, and handle my emotions! I mean their MY emotions!!

Super Happy, Then Super Sad

A.

I’m sorry you’re having some many difficulties with your feelings. While it would be inappropriate for me to offer a diagnosis, what I can say is that the rapid changes in your emotions, their extremes, along with being irritated can be a collection of symptoms explained by a variety of conditions.

The first place to check this out is with your physician. This would be to rule out any medical conditions that could cause these reactions. Once this is clear — you can ask the physician for a psychiatrist to get a consultation.

Super Happy, Then Super Sad