Home » Can I be a Sociopath?

Can I be a Sociopath?

Ever since I was a child, I remember lying. It became almost natural to me to lie all the time. It soon became clear to me that I enjoyed lying, and better yet, I enjoyed seeing people believe my lies and act on what I would say. I never really cared on whether or not it mattered that I lied to people all that mattered was what I was trying to accomplish. I’ve never felt guilt for my lies to anyone, not even my own mother. I often seem to believe I am different than everyone else and more smarter and better. I recently started to question my whether or not I should be worried about my lies. I also never seem to feel guilty on anything that I do wrong to people. I often imagine killing several people I care about dearly, and I don’t feel guilty about it. I usually plot out a murder in my head and think of how i could evade being caught by police. Should I be worried about my behavior?

Can I be a Sociopath?

A.

Thank you for sending your concerns to us. Yes, the pattern of lying, the lack of remorse, and the fantasies are something you want to learn more about. You wrote your email to us because something doesn’t feel quite right. I would honor this sensitivity by making an appointment with the therapist to begin talking about these patterns. The fact that you felt uncomfortable enough to ask the question here is important to capitalize on. The find help tab at the top of the page can help you find someone in your area.

Can I be a Sociopath?