Home » Emotionally Abused by Dad

Emotionally Abused by Dad

I’m recently 15 and my dad has been abusing me since i moved in with him on grade 7.he would call me stupid and not believe in me. I have no one else to turn to because my father is disowned by his family and my mom moved to Hong Kong because she is scared of him.

Recently he yelled at me for not helping him do chores. The reason i didn’t help him is because i couldn’t think of anything that I need to help him with. Now he said he wants nothing to do with me anymore till i move to Canada on July. He also always say that I’m only nice to him when he buys me things.
In the last 3hours he had banged on my door to demand me to come out of my room. Now when i hear something outside, i bite my tongue and brace myself. What should i do?

Emotionally Abused by Dad

A.

No one should have to put up with this kind of abuse. I will strongly encourage you to find people who can keep you safe and protect you. Friends or relatives may be helpful, or it may be community resources you can rely on. What is important here is to not leave yourself at risk.

The other thing I would do is to find out from the people in Canada if there’s a way for you to move up your time to go there. In other words, I’m suggesting you do anything that gets you out and keeps you safe.

Emotionally Abused by Dad