Home » Disorders » Depression » My Mood Swings Back & Forth

My Mood Swings Back & Forth

One minute I am happy the next I am extremely pissed off and honestly don’t know why. It is becoming a problem. I’ve tried doing those breathing exercises but it doesn’t help i just get more frustrated. I don’t understand what could possibly be wrong with me. It just sucks I can never stay in just one more for more than a few minutes.

My Mood Swings Back & Forth

A.

There is an explanation behind your experience of great fluctuations in mood but the explanation remains a mystery. I think it would be helpful to keep a journal or a mood diary to track your thoughts and feelings. It might help to uncover patterns in your mood. It might also help you to understand what prompts your anger. A journal might help you to understand which experiences or incidents precede your mood changes.

Lack of sleep can also contribute to mood instability. Has this been an issue for you? If it is at all possible, try to receive consistent, adequate sleep.

Breathing exercises can be helpful but they don’t work for everyone. You may need a new strategy. Tracking your mood is one strategy. Another strategy may be to study an anger management workbook, attend an anger management class, or join an anger therapy group. Google the keywords “anger management classes” and your city and you may find some groups locally.

If this continues to be an issue, then it would be advantageous to consult a mental health professional. You may only need a few sessions to better understand and control your anger. Seeing a mental health professional is the most efficient way to solve this problem because of their specialized training. I hope this helps. Please take care.

My Mood Swings Back & Forth