Home » Uncle is Violating Boundaries

Uncle is Violating Boundaries

I’m 15 and my uncle touches my butt. And he told me last night that it could get naked and he couldn’t care less, he said, because he’s a dirty old man. I don’t know if that’s molestation or not, but I’m scared he’s going to do something and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Uncle is Violating Boundaries

A.

Your uncle is violating your personal boundaries. It’s fortunate that so far he has limited it to lewd comments and inappropriate touching but that doesn’t make it okay. It’s not! You shouldn’t have to handle this on your own. Tell your parents! Don’t let them or your uncle laugh it off or minimize it. You have a right to say no to unwanted contact. You deserve to feel safe in your own home.

Uncle is Violating Boundaries