Home » Quickly Deteriorating Mental Status

Quickly Deteriorating Mental Status

I apologize for sudden topic changes. 2:18 Hello. Where to begin. My name is Max. I have been diagnosed with ADD and depression. I do not know if they play a role in what I am going through right now. I think they might be misdiagnosed for something else. The most prevalent issue that I am having right now is with my memory and attention. I opened up this webpage at 11:28 AM and as I write these words it is 2:14, 2:16 now. I just recently got a pad of paper so that I can write down what I think so that I can remember, an external hard-drive for my brain I guess.

About 1 month and 10 days and 5 hours and 12 minutes ago I had shoulder surgery. Doctors think this brought out MRSA on my skin. What actually happened was that I could not control myself from picking at my skin. This continues now. Learned the term dermatillomania, fits what I feel. Articles say it is an anxiety problem. Never feel anxious. Search up what anxiety feels like. I feel like Im in a constant anxiety attack. 2:23

Read about depersonalization. Read about derealization. I feel like Im in a constant state of depersonalization and sometimes derealization. I dont think I used those terms correctly. I cannot express what I want to say. 2:45 I think I just found what it is. Schizophrenic. Thank you for your time.

Quickly Deteriorating Mental Status

A.

Dear Max, having depression and ADD likely play a major role in what you are feeling. You did not say whether you are being treated for these disorders. You should be reporting your symptoms to a mental health professional.

It’s also possible that your recent surgery is affecting your symptoms. You may be experiencing side effects. It’s also possible that the surgery may have triggered underlying anxiety issues. Without more information, it’s difficult for me to know what may be wrong.

You did not ask a specific question but I think it would be advantageous to consult a mental health professional. If you’re already in treatment, then call your treatment team and report your symptoms. If not, then ask your caregivers to assist you in seeking professional intervention. Therapy and medication could greatly reduce your troublesome symptoms. You should not ignore these issues. Report them and get help. Please take care.

Quickly Deteriorating Mental Status