Home » Ask the Therapist » No One Will Help Me

No One Will Help Me

I don’t know what to do. My name is Soren. I really, really think I’m depressed, but I’ve never gone to any doctor because I don’t have any money. All I can think about is how much I want to kill myself, and I’ve tried twice before, but I survived both times. The kids at school are all terrible, and I dread going there every day. I’ve recently stopped sleeping, and I throw up everything I eat. That started when one kid told me that maybe people would like me if I weren’t so fat. I was only 115 at the time and I’m 5 feet 7 inches tall. I really need someone to talk to, but I have no friends, and my parents hate me. Every time I try and talk to my mom, to tell her about school or how I am feeling, she just leaves the room. When I ask her for a hug or try to hug her she just pushes me away. I’m to afraid to even mention anything to my dad, he gets so mad when I’m even around, and he drinks too much. I’m so sad and I don’t know what to do with myself anymore. Please help!

No One Will Help Me

A.

Hello Soren. I’m sorry for what you are experiencing. I know you are having a difficult time and feel as though no one can help you but that’s not true. This matter should be immediately brought to the attention of the school faculty. Report the bullying behavior to a guidance counselor, a trusted teacher, the principal, etc. Virtually all schools have a systematic process for dealing with bullying. Once they are made aware of the problem, the school faculty will likely take immediate action.

When you report the bullying, you should also inform the school officials about your symptoms of depression. They can assist you in acquiring psychological help. They may have a counselor at the school with whom you can speak. The counselor can contact your parents and make them aware of the seriousness of this matter.

It’s imperative that you do not ignore these issues and to let someone know what’s happening to you. If your parents won’t listen, then someone at the school will. They can help you.

At this point in time, you have to be your own advocate. This means that to ensure the proper help in this situation, you must be vocal about what’s happening to you. You need and deserve help. Please take care.

No One Will Help Me