Home » Relationships » Sexuality » Husband Losing Arousal During Sex

Husband Losing Arousal During Sex

My husband and I have been married for over 10 years. Last Sept. I was admitted into the ICU for Serotonin Syndrome. I don’t remember much of it except for my husband telling me that I almost died, I suffered osteocrenosis of my left knee, femoral neuropathy in my left leg and that he was the one that found me unresponsive and feels somewhat responsible. Needless to say I was very dependent on him. I was also drinking heavily. My issue is now that I am almost completely self-sufficient, have quit drinking and have basically checked back into life we had been arguing more (until just lately) and I have had a feeling that he had been unfaithful. When we have sex now he either does not look at me or seems to somewhat lose his erection even when I am giving him oral sex, which he used to love. Is it possible he doesn’t love me anymore?

Husband Losing Arousal During Sex

A.

it would be presumptuous of me to render an opinion as to whether he loves you. But what does seem clear is that you have made a conscious and concerted effort to invest in your own recovery. This needs to be the central focus in your life right now. I would do two things: First, be certain that your own individual therapeutic journey is in place with many supports. Second, I would invite your partner to go to couples therapy. Very often after a traumatic issue the couple needs time to be oriented. Couples therapy should help.

Husband Losing Arousal During Sex