Home » Grief & Loss » Grief and Loss

Grief and Loss

In June 2012 my partner was suddenly taken when his son murdered him by shooting while asleep. His family turned me out of the home very quickly , the only thing that I have been given was the bed. I I have no family myself and have found it very difficult to grieve. I found a psychologist who has been helping, unfortunately as time has gone along I have felt progressively worse and got to a stage where I had planned to just take the pain away, but I did get scared and felt so alone. I have discussed this with the psychologist but my problem which is hurting me as well, but he was okay with the plans I had . I feel like a burden and like obviously there is no problem with me , if ,that issue is dismissed . I feel lost.

Grief and Loss

A.

I am so very sorry for your losses and I strongly encourage you to immediately get a second opinion from another therapist.

All the details of what you’re saying would indicate that your grieving and your sadness are accurate responses to such a dramatic loss. The therapist’s response doesn’t match the gravity of your feelings in the situation.

I would highly recommend finding a clinical psychologist to meet with who specializes in grieving and is licensed in your state. This would allow you to explain your situation and get a second opinion, which I believe you should do ASAP.

Grief and Loss