Home » Loud Internal Thoughts

Loud Internal Thoughts

As far back as I can remember I have dealt with my thoughts being yelled inside my head. I know it sounds odd but its the only way I know how to describe it. No voices, just my own thoughts. Lately its gotten worse, alot worse. Now its happening more frequently and its more like screaming. I went to a doctor and it seems like she just brushed me off. I dont know where to turn. Can anyone give me any answers or advice on what might be causing this or how to make it stop? Its really starting to disrupt my life, and honestly, its scaring me.

Loud Internal Thoughts

A.

It’s difficult to know what might be wrong but it is not normal to hear loud thoughts, especially screaming thoughts.

If you feel as though the doctor was ineffective, then you should see another doctor. Did you see a mental health professional? Is that the type of doctor that you said you saw? See a mental health professional, perhaps more than one, until you find one who can help.

Another option is to call the local community mental health center and ask for an evaluation. During the evaluation, fully describe what you have been experiencing. The mental health professional can determine what might be wrong and assist you in finding the appropriate help.

Hearing voices or thoughts is a symptom that requires immediate attention. If your symptoms become unbearable then go to an emergency room or call 911. The hospital staff can evaluate your condition and keep you safe. The hospital may be able to give you a medication that can help to reduce the screaming thoughts. Medicine is one of the most effective methods for doing so. I hope you’re able to receive the help that you desire. Please take care.

Loud Internal Thoughts