Home » Disorders » Bipolar Disorder » Bipolar?

Bipolar?

My husbands grandpa just passed away and he is gone out of his mind. The executor of his will is not doing things like he wanted them done. This is making my husband extremely manic. My question is he has been watching a certain music concert on DVD over and over again. That is all he watches. On top of drinking nonstop that is all he watches. Is this part of bipolar manic episodes or is this something not related to being manic and part of something else?

Bipolar?

A.

I am sorry for your husband’s loss. But there is too little information here to know exactly what is going on. People grieve in very different ways and when grief is combined with a family squabble it makes coping very difficult.

I would encourage you to be supportive, including inviting your husband to go to see a grief counselor together. People who specialize in grieving reactions may be able to help sort this through. You can get a referral from the funeral director or from your community hospital. The find help tab at the top of this page may also be able to give you the names of people in your area.

Bipolar?