Home » Completely Confused

Completely Confused

I have been married for 12 years with the love of my life. I couldn’t get a better man in life. He is everything a girl would want. I love him equally. We are great in bed and its going great. I recently met a man that I felt attracted to. I feel like having sex with him. I fight with myself and refrain from seeing him. I fail to understand why I am attracted to this man although I have no problems with my husband. What’s my problem? Please help.

Completely Confused

A.

Feeling like you want to have sex with someone isn’t unnatural. Look at Times Square, any magazine, TV ads, music videos, or many best-selling books. Being attracted to others is part of being human. But the real question is what are you going to do about these feelings? Beyond the normal attraction-reaction is there something pushing you? The two typical reasons are that there is something not OK in the relationship that is not being addressed, or there may be a complacency or boredom creeping into an otherwise fantastic relationship. To learn more about the second one please see the article I have written about this at my blog Proof Positive here at Psych Central.

But if your relationship is good and you are not bored don’t make something natural a problem. There is a world of difference between feeling like you want to have sex and acting on it.

Completely Confused