Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Acting on Paranoia

Acting on Paranoia

What’s going on if my head tells me people are working with my ex but I know it’s not true. What do I do if I can’t tell anyone but am scared I’m gonna push someone else? I pushed a lady cuz of paranoia and the thoughts are still there. Even tho I know it’s not real I don’t know until after. I’m not on drugs (2months) anymore but feel like I’m losing it. Plus getting very worried about jail if the cops are looking for me for pushing the woman.

Acting on Paranoia

A.

You must seek help immediately. Your symptoms have progressed to the point where you cannot control your behavior which means that in order to gain control, outside assistance is required.

Not seeking help could mean losing your freedom and jeopardizing your life. The act of pushing someone is aggressive. Law enforcement might consider it an attack and charge you with assault. If caught, you may be arrested.

By making physical contact with people, you’re also putting yourself in danger. The person you push may retaliate. Many people carry concealed weapons. If you push the wrong person, they might retaliate in self-defense.

By not seeking help, you risk losing your freedom and potentially your life.

Your paranoia is indicative of serious mental health symptoms. As difficult as it may be, you should seek mental health treatment immediately. Go to the emergency room if you feel that you cannot control your behavior. They will assess your symptoms, protect you from harming yourself and others, and provide the necessary mental health treatment.

In some cases, individuals experiencing symptoms of paranoia take low doses of medication. It might be all that you need to reduce or eliminate your paranoia.

It’s imperative that you seek help as soon as possible. Please take care.

Mental Health & Criminal Justice Blog

Acting on Paranoia