Home » Worried I’m a Sociopath

Worried I’m a Sociopath

I’m 14. For the past couple of months, I have been dropping hints to my parents that I want to see a psychiatrist but they don’t really take me seriously or seem to notice. For one, I think that I have symptoms of sociopathic/ psychopathic behavior. I really could care less about how others feel and think about killing people. I imagine my knife penetrating them deep in their chest and then tearing their heart out.

It’s really bad that I think these things, and so,entices I tell myself that it’s bad, but like Jekyll and Hyde, the other part of me tells me it’s okay. Sometimes I see things, black things, everywhere just sitting in the corner and I feel bugs on my skin and spiders on the wall. I have been recently obsessed with Hannibal Lecter and I actually believe that he’s not that bad.

I’m not saying cannibalism is good. But I’m not saying it’s bad either. I even have began acting like him and like Will Graham (from the new show). I don’t know what to do and I really want to see someone and get help because if it wasn’t for the risks of getting caught, I actually believe that I might, if delusional and insane enough, try to hurt someone severely.

Worried I’m a Sociopath

A.

How scary! I’m so glad you wrote to us.

Stop dropping hints! Show your parents your email and this response. Your instincts are correct. You absolutely need to see a mental health specialist for an assessment. If your parents don’t respond, talk to your school counselor or your doctor. I don’t know what’s going on with you but I do know that this is something to take very seriously. You need to be heard and helped.

Worried I’m a Sociopath