Home » Ask the Therapist » I Am Having Trouble with a Bunch of Things

I Am Having Trouble with a Bunch of Things

I wanted to say thank you for reading this first of all. Here’s the thing: When it comes to school there is one thing that always worries me when I leave the house which would be my classmates. In certain classes there can be huge annoyances because they think that i am “gay” or “homo” and they don’t listen to my protests of said annoyances because they think i’m stupid and weak. This situation has carried on since the beginning of 6th grade, and no teacher has ever taken action despite the obvious evidence displayed in Front of them every single day. If you could be able to help me be able to fix the problem, I would be pleased if this were to be solved. Thank you.

A.

I appreciate you asking your question. It is so unfortunate that people engage in teasing and bullying at school. But you have taken the right step by asking about it here. The first thing I would do is talk to your school guidance counselor. Chances are very good there was already a program and help in place making changes in the school to reduce this type of teasing and bullying. More specifically there are some programs likely to be in place to help you. Talk to the guidance counselor as soon as you can so that ways of preventing this from happening can start sooner rather than later.