Home » Disorders » Depression » Teen Mood Swings

Teen Mood Swings

Hi! I get mood swings that can last from an hour to a day where I can be depressed or really angry and I just I cant control myself sometimes but I cant concentrate very well and sometimes I just cant sit still. I was just wondering could that be just normal teenage behavior or bipolar or ADHD? And I have ADHD and OCD in my family. Thanks

Teen Mood Swings

A.

Thank you for asking this question. It must be difficult for you to have these mood swings and concerns and still try to manage. But there is too little information from what you’ve told me to know if there is a diagnosis. But what I can say is that what you have described sounds well within the range of symptoms that go along with being a teenager.

The more important thing is that they bother you. I would talk to your school guidance counselor or your parents and go to your general practitioner to get a checkup. He or she will know if these things are outside of the norm.

Teen Mood Swings