Home » Ask the Therapist » Parenting » Problems Since Childhood

Problems Since Childhood

Asked by on with 1 answer:

I’ve had this problem since i can remember. sometimes when i stare at something i get lost in thoughts, i start to think about things i don’t even know, and the seems unreal. it’s like i get lost in another dimension. and as soon as i get there i feel afraid. i get up and start to walk around trying to get myself to think about something else, it takes up to 30 minutes to relax and thin about something else. but once i stare back at that thing i first stared at, my mind gets stuck again.
and sometimes i remember events from my childhood -5 to 7 years old- and feel bad and worthless
*as a kid. i got touched by people -one of them is my brother- in places no child should be touched. made fun of my much richer friend, overheard my aunt telling my mom i’m selfish ( i was 6 by then). and got bossed around by my friends who told me to do things and if i don’t. they stop talking to me.
* i don’t have close friends. i don’t get out unless it’s for going to the university or forced by my mom.
*sometimes i feel tingling sensation in my teeth feet hands, numbness in my face, and get dizzy and have a falling or swimming sensation.
* i don’t have strong feelings toward anything or anyone.
* sometimes i struggle with my memory, feel like hiding my face from people, and get affected by situations most of people don’t give second thought to.

i’ve never talked to anyone about it. Please. please . please someone tell me what to do. save me from myself.

Problems Since Childhood

Answered by on -


I would recommend undergoing a medical, neurological and psychological assessment. You seem to have a combination of both physical and psychological symptoms, the cause of which may be medical or organic in nature.

The best way to address these issues is to do the following: make an appointment with your primary care physician (PCP). Report your symptoms. Ask your PCP for a referral to the appropriate professionals.

Consider involving your parents. Report your symptoms to them and ask if they would be willing to assist you in receiving the proper evaluation and treatment. If they are unwilling to assist you, then go to the counseling center at your university and ask for their assistance.

I’m sorry you’re suffering but it is imperative that you ask for help. There are many treatments available that could address your symptoms. I hope you’re able to seek the proper assistance and evaluation. Please take care.

Dr. Kristina Randle

Problems Since Childhood

Therapists live, online right now, from BetterHelp:

Kristina Randle, Ph.D., LCSW

Kristina Randle, Ph.D., LCSW is a licensed psychotherapist and Assistant Professor of Social Work and Forensics with extensive experience in the field of mental health. She works in private practice with adults, adolescents and families. Kristina has worked in a large array of settings including community mental health, college counseling and university research centers.

APA Reference
Randle, K. (2018). Problems Since Childhood. Psych Central. Retrieved on November 26, 2020, from
Scientifically Reviewed
Last updated: 8 May 2018 (Originally: 19 Feb 2013)
Last reviewed: By a member of our scientific advisory board on 8 May 2018
Published on Psych All rights reserved.