Home » Disorders » Sleep » Insomnia and Guilt — for What?

Insomnia and Guilt — for What?

i have been dealing with insomnia and guilt. about 3 years ago i got caught cheating on a test i ncollege. i got an f for the class. i took the class over next quarter and passed. i didnt feel guilty then but i feel guilty now. what do i do? i cant take it anymore.

Insomnia and Guilt — for What?

A.

Please ask yourself how your life would be different if you weren’t obsessing about something that happened three years ago. If you can do that honestly, you will probably find some challenge in the present that is causing you anxiety and that you wish you didn’t have to face. You are spinning in old guilt instead of dealing with the present issue.

I suggest you consider a few sessions with a therapist to help you break throught the guilt and identify what’s really going on. You may also find comfort and some practical solutions with the support of a therapist.

Insomnia and Guilt — for What?