Home » Peripheral Vision Disturbances?

Peripheral Vision Disturbances?

Fairly frequently I’ll see shadowy figures or sometimes even what looks like tangible objects moving around out of my peripheral vision? I was wondering if it means anything or I’m just paranoid?

Peripheral Vision Disturbances?

A.

Let’s do first things first. You did not describe any thoughts processes that were abnormal and explained no history of emotional disturbances. Before we jump to a psychiatric diagnosis let’s look at the symptoms themselves.. These are ocular sensations and the way you are describing them would suggest the first step would be to visit an ophthalmologist rather than a psychiatrist. There are many possibilities that can cause these experiences and I would check out your eyes rather than your psyche for now.

Peripheral Vision Disturbances?