Home » My Friend’s Mom May Be Abused

My Friend’s Mom May Be Abused

I am 12 years old and I think my best friends mom is being abused why I think this is that when ever I’m around them she’s always saying she’s sore and she wears scarves and sweaters in the middle of the summer. I overheard that he’s always makes fun of her. I have seen that she’s always scared when my friend is not around her and that she’s sad. I have heard arguments, screaming, and crying at night when I’m over there. Whenever I ask my friend what’s up she panics and makes up new excuses every day almost. Help me I’m so stressed over this I can’t sleep I’m so worried about her. Help me.

My Friend’s Mom May Be Abused

A.

Thank you for having the courage to speak up about this to us. It is always a difficult thing to know what to do when you feel someone is being abused and yet don’t know for certain. But I would honor your instincts and talk privately to your school counselor about your concerns. He or she will know how to help. This is something that you need to talk to an adult about so they can help you and your friend’s mom.

My Friend’s Mom May Be Abused