Home » Random, Unwarranted Anger

Random, Unwarranted Anger

Hi, I’m 22 and almost every day at some point, I HATE the world. I’ve been dealing with this for a long time (about 14 or 15 years old) and I want it to stop. It’s getting to a point now where it’s almost uncontrollable. I think about people getting severely hurt/killed. I think about what/how I could hurt others. Not that I would ever act on my thoughts but it’s scary and I want it to stop. Please help me.

Random, Unwarranted Anger

A.

You describe your anger as being “scary” and almost “uncontrollable.” I would consider those red flags, in the sense that they are clear indications that you’re on the verge of losing control. Undoubtedly, this is a problem.

As a responsible individual, you have the obligation to seek help before something bad happens. The time to seek help is now. Should you commit acts of violence, you may ruin the lives of other people. You would also, undoubtedly ruin your life. People who engage in violence against others typically go to jail.

You are angry. There are many reasons why this might be true. A therapist can help you to understand where the anger comes from and then to help you to eliminate it. You don’t like the anger and you stated that you want it to stop. It is making your life unpleasant. It is damaging your life now and one uncontrolled angry out burst could make it much. much worse.

Seek professional help before it is too late. There are many effective treatments for anger management. A therapist could assist you with controlling your anger. There may be anger management support groups in your community. Utilize the help that is available. Please take care.

Random, Unwarranted Anger