Home » Problem First Year in College

Problem First Year in College

I am a college freshman right now I’ve been going to my local community college since I had to drop out of my first choice out of state private university because of depression.my friends are currently high school seniors and I feel like we’ve been separated and haven’t talked as much and closely as before. I know because of school. I also have been overwhelmed with school and am only taking 4 classes. What really stresses me is that recently my parents have been ill and has really pressured me to take charge. Please help.

Problem First Year in College

A.

Thank you for taking the time to write us. You are not alone.

Many students struggle with juggling the loss of connections and making new ones when they begin college. Your home situation adds to this difficulty and of course there is the schoolwork. The community colleges are often very well equipped to offer counseling to help with adjustment. They either have the services on campus, or can direct you to a local contact that can provide counseling on a sliding scale basis. Talk to the health services or counseling department today and begin working with a therapist who can help you do your best in your college.

Problem First Year in College