Home » Mom Thinks My Problems are Unimportant

Mom Thinks My Problems are Unimportant

I have trichotrillomania, depression and very high stress levels along with anxiety. My mum is also depressed, and hates Montreal (I hate it too), but she takes her depression out on everyone while I keep my depression to myself and make efforts to appear happy to everyone. So my mum is the only one I’ve ever confronted about trich, she thinks because I’ve seen a theropist once, and it was exspensive that I don’t need to see one again, because it didn’t work and won’t think it’ll work. Bascially she makes me so depressed and upset all the time, I have no one I trust enough to talk to and I’ve asked to see a doctor but she doesn’t want to. So I’m just unsure of what to do. Because I’ve tried on my own for 5years and it only gets worse and worse (to the point where i’ve cut myself) and every time I cross an overpass on the way to school, I imagine myself jumping off and wandering will anyone actually miss me.

Mom Thinks My Problems are Unimportant

A.

I’m sorry that you’re faced with such a difficult situation. It is important to receive help as soon as possible. You tried speaking to your mother. The next important step is to bring these problems to the attention of a school official, which may include the school guidance counselor, a trusted teacher, principa, or the school nurse.

School officials can assist you in receiving the proper psychological treatment. They can contact your mother on your behalf to discuss the seriousness of the problem. They may be able to refer you to free or low-cost psychological services. If such a service were made available to you, your mother might be more willing to take you to treatment.

It is important that you do not ignore this problem. You have options, as I have outlined above. You need and deserve help. What’s most concerning are your thoughts of suicide. Please understand that suicide is never the answer. If you believe that you may harm yourself, it is imperative to call 911 or go to the hospital immediately. Please take care.

Mom Thinks My Problems are Unimportant