Home » What Happened to Me?

What Happened to Me?

As I grew up, I was put in high pressure private schools, and my family had high expectations of me. I have accelerated at everything I have done in life, but my stress and depression climbed fast as well. When I got to freshman year in high school, my depression had me curled up in extreme pain on my bedroom floor, and I had a mental and emotional breakdown.

During my breakdown, I got a bad concussion, and another one, just two days later. Ever since then, I have had a severe drop in cognitive function. I hear a piano playing every day, I hear screaming in my head when I get stressed, my jaw clenches shut so I can’t talk if someone expects to much of me or makes me get sad, and I can see a blue library with organized shelves of memories (Math/Science/Happy/Pain/Inventions/Nightmares/Etc). Its like an overlap of my vision. I can go to each room in this library just by thinking about it, and pick tablets off the shelves. I can see pictures, and read things I used to know, off of them. What is wrong with me, and how can I get back to my old normal self?

What Happened to Me?

A.

I’m so sorry you are feeling so bad. I’m sure it’s hard to get through the day. Althugh undue pressure on a kid can make life very stressful, I”m more concerned about the concussions at this point.

Please make an appointment with a neurologist. Although your symptoms are unusual, it’s possible you are suffering from postconcussive syndrome. This is not something to ignore! You need to be evaluated by a professional. After you are examined, the neurologist will discuss your diagnosis and will suggest treatments to help you recover. Please don’t take a lot of time to think this over. I’m very concerned.

What Happened to Me?