Home » I Don’t Belong and Hate Myself

I Don’t Belong and Hate Myself

My dad is always telling me that I’m fat and nobody will like me because of that, I cry every day in my room cause I’m starting to believe that’s true, what should I do?

I Don’t Belong and Hate Myself

A.

Your father may not realize how hurtful he is being. Sometimes parents are thinking they are helping – but they are doing the worst possible thing. I am sorry you have to feel this way because of your father’s words. But your father isn’t likely to be the only adult in your world. Your mother, or aunt, or teacher, or clergy may be in your life and it would be important for you to talk with them about how you feel. This isn’t about getting back at your father—it is about talking to an adult who can see you for who you really are.

I Don’t Belong and Hate Myself