Home » Disorders » Sleep » Boyfriend Described Desire to Kill Me

Boyfriend Described Desire to Kill Me

I have been seeing this guy for about a week now… we have been talking for about a month or so, but just began seeing eachother. Sometimes he says strange and impulsive things, but last night was by far the worst. I don’t even remember what we were talking about, but he said- “I want to cut you, rub you with honey and let ants cover you. I want to hang you upside down and burn your feet.” I was shocked I even thought he was joking. He didn’t really explain why he said it, but I assure you it was in no way related to what we were talking about. I asked him why he said it- I have never and still did not feel threatened by him. He joked, “That’s how I killed my last girlfriend. Well, not really.” I don’t know what to think, because he has always seemed like such a great man and I enjoy his company very much. I don’t know what to do. Is there any way he could have an impluse disorder, or he could be joking?

Boyfriend Described Desire to Kill Me

A.

Run, don’t walk away from this. I have no idea if he has an impulse disorder or if he was joking. It doesn’t matter. Such things are nothing to joke about. It’s a big red flag that something may be seriously wrong. Do you really want to go through life wondering if the person you’re with wants to hurt you? With only a week invested in this relationship, there is little to lose by throwing this fish back into the sea.

Boyfriend Described Desire to Kill Me