Home » Worried about My Friend

Worried about My Friend

My friend does not talk, she can but choses not to because she thinks other people think she is stupid. She has feelings of numbness when doing something extremely wrong. Other than that she seems perfectly fine. She is cognitive, motor skills are great. The closest example to her would be like chief on one flew over the cuckoo’s nest. What do you think she may have?

Worried about My Friend

A.

It is too hard to know from the information you have given me. But what I do know is that your friend is very lucky to have someone who cares about her so deeply. Perhaps that is the important thing here. It may be that you need to celebrate your friend’s good points and skills to help her realize she is valuable and loved.

I would point out her good qualities, what you like about her as a friend, and why you see her as valuable. This strengthening of what she has to offer others is likely to be more valuable than identifying what is wrong.

Worried about My Friend