Home » Disorders » Depression » Loneliness, Depression, Wanting to be Alone

Loneliness, Depression, Wanting to be Alone

I really need some help/advice. I used to be very outgoing and confident but over the past 3 years I have become withdrawn-I feel like I want to be alone but also get lonely, I want friends and social interaction but at the same time I dread the thought of it. I have a boyfriend who is great, he has a good job and is really good to me, I find myself sometimes being jealous of him, and wishing I could be more like him.

My Father was not a nice person and one day he went completely crazy and I had to leave home for my own safety, that seems to be when this started. I am scared I will see him again.

I have out on weight, and have a skin condition, which is not helping with my confidence. I worry about myself, I want to make my life better because its the opposite of what I thought it would be and I hate it but I can’t seem to find a way out.

A.

It sounds to me like there may be some things you would want to discuss with a therapist. The past with your father, the social isolation, the jealousy, alcohol snd domestic abuse may be working together toward creating a feeling of helplessness. My encouragement would be to begin sorting this through with a therapist. The find help tab at the top of the page will help.