Home » Disorders » Depression » Possible Depression

Possible Depression

Lately I have been going over a number of problems I have been having and am trying to piece together if they may somehow be related. Since in high school I have been struggling with not being able to handle high stress or emotional situations. I began cutting to keep myself under control and prevent letting my emotions take over. I have only recently let my husband become aware of this as I have always known it was wrong. I can not sleep at night, sometimes staying up until dawn and then subsequently sleeping through the day. This becomes a major problem as I am a mother of a 4 year old. I also have problems with self hygiene, forgetting to shower, brush my teeth, ect. for days in a row. I have become overweight and my self-esteem has hit an all time low. I can be happy one minute and then one thing can change everything and I am angry the next. The main issue I am faced with when I consider getting help is some of my problems aren’t a 100% of the time thing. I can be happy at times and my cutting is limited to high anxiety. I know as far as I need to seek out help but I am at a loss as to what is important and what isn’t. With so many different problems I am completely in the dark of what to even seek help for.

Possible Depression

A.

The combination of symptoms you are identifying combined with the courage of requesting help suggest that you are both ready for and in need of a change. I suggest that you begin getting your arms around these feelings by beginning therapy.

The fact that your sleep is off and that you have been cutting are particularly of concern because you have the care of your child to consider. In light of this I would recommend you consult with a therapist sooner rather than later. The find help tab at the top of the page will help you locate someone in your area to get started.

Possible Depression