Home » [Video] I Have No Self-Esteem

[Video] I Have No Self-Esteem

Because I came to realise for the last fifteen years that I have no self esteem and I try to accomplish tasks that are far too difficult to make me feel slightly okay about myself to keep myself non suicidal. And when I fail, I feel so terrible. Like I want to die.

I’m not a suicidal person, I’m not, I just have issues with my self esteem. I have had problems with bullying for many many years, and only have friends over the internet not in real life. This has resulted in my low self esteem I think.

To make myself get through a day to make myself feel half decent, I have to accomplish a task. To the extent that I have gone to the store and bought flat pack furniture to bring it back and assemble it to make myself feel better. However, when I fail at this task I feel completely worthless. My family dont care, and I dont have anyone to turn to on this matter. Can you help me?

[Video] I Have No Self-Esteem

A.

I am so sorry to hear of your pain over the last 15 years. If you’ve been bullied for years it makes sense that your self-esteem would become very fragile. I suggest that you get into therapy, particularly group therapy, to start expanding your relationships and learn how to trust. Please take a few minutes to watch the rest of my response in the video below…

Take good care of yourself!
Julie Hanks, LCSW

[Video] I Have No Self-Esteem

Julie Hanks, LCSW

Julie Hanks, LCSW has over 20 years in the mental health field providing outpatient psychotherapy services to children, adolescents, adults, couples and multi-problem families with complex mental health and relationship problems. Find out more at WasatchFamilyTherapy.com. Follow Julie on Twitter & Facebook. Visit Julie's new blog for therapists Private Practice Toolbox