I’m not sure where to start. I am a 14 year old freshman in high school and I have been constantly noticing that I might have ADHD or something, I can’t pay attention and am always confused along with other symptoms. Anyways I’m not completely sure how I would bring this up with my parents to get help. I’m afraid they are going to laugh at me and tell me I’m useless like they always do. What’s the best way to ask someone for help in a situation like that?

A: Thank you for writing in. If you’re not comfortable talking to your parents about your concerns, you may want to talk with a school counselor or your physician to see if they can help you bring up your concerns to your parents. Watch the entire answer in the video below…

Take good care of yourself!
Julie Hanks, LCSW