Home » I Am Lost

I Am Lost

I study communication engineering and I’ve failed in three subjects out of five so far what can I do? In addition I don’t know what to do or where can I start from. I feel that I can’t decide anything anymore.

I Am Lost

A.

The angst that you feel is likely to be a very important indicator. What was clearly missing from the letter you wrote was the fact that you don’t feel as if you’re not capable of college, but rather that these may not be the courses for you. Please read the link to Steve Jobs’s commencement speech to Stanford. What it reveals is that you need to find and do what you love and the rest will take care of itself.

Take courses in the things you find most exciting, fun and interesting. Explore things that appeal to you. Then figure out your direction. Being inspired should be the first rule of education. It sounds clear to me that you are not happy in the major you have chosen. Find what it is you love to do and go do it.

I Am Lost