Home » I Just Want To Give Up

I Just Want To Give Up

I’m new to this and not sure how to do this but I’m just sick and tired of everyday life. I used to wake up every day and it was wonderful, now waking up is a depressing event cause it’s the beginning of another long tedious altogether disappointing day. My parents and me rarely see eye to eye. Recently my gf left me. She cheated on me the lied to me; it wouldn’t have been as bad if she had just told the truth. Then right after that the head football coach at my school announced that he was leaving and I also found out that my position coach the person I always went to is also leaving with him. Everything that had ever held me together is being taken away and I’m just sitting here watching my world crumble around me, I’ve never felt so alone. Someone please help.

I Just Want To Give Up

A.

Thank you for being so clear with your feelings and needs. I think that is often the first step in starting to untangle the feelings that come with losses, change and disappointment. There is no mystery to why you are feeling the way you are. The world as you know it has changed, and while this can be profoundly upsetting, everything I know about life is that as one thing ends—something else begins. New opportunities, relationships and inspirations find their way to us. The hard part is coping with the losses.

At 16 you already know that there are people that you can let into your life and who have helped. You reached out here because you believe that – and the truth is there are good people and girlfriends and supporters. The work is on going out and finding them. I am recommending you talk to your guidance counselor at school for beginners. He or she is usually well versed in these sorts of issues and may be able to help talk things through. It takes courage to push through the feelings, but I know from my own experience, as well as the experience of dealing with many other people that pushing through is worth it. Thank you for writing.

I Just Want To Give Up