Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Needing Help and May Be Schizophrenic

Needing Help and May Be Schizophrenic

I have very violent mood swings everyday. When stress comes, I just snap. It’s been this way all my life. I suffer from delusions of grandeur and the next moment I think about inflicting pain on someone. I’m afraid of snapping and doing something horrible. I want to be a good person, but I am always bad. I’m at the point in my life that I cannot control my mindset anymore, nor can I control my emotions. I can’t control my anger or my obsessive compulsions. I hurt people all the time and for kicks at that. I feel remorse, the another side kicks in and takes over that has no feelings. Am I sick?

Needing Help and May Be Schizophrenic

A.

You are worried that you may be schizophrenic. That is difficult to determine from a short letter. Violence is not a symptom of schizophrenia. On rare occasions, individuals with schizophrenia can be violent but it is not the norm.

I do believe that you need help. You have violent mood swings and are having difficulty controlling your emotions and behavior. You also stated that you have delusions of grandeur. That may be a sign of psychosis.

I would advise that you seek help immediately. Now is the time to act before you engage in behavior that is harmful to others. There are several ways that you can receive help. One would be to go to the hospital. Choose that option if you feel that you cannot control your behavior.

Another option would be to schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist or your primary care physician.

I would recommend getting help sooner rather than later. Your symptoms should be treated immediately. I wish you the best. Please take care.

Needing Help and May Be Schizophrenic