Home » Disorders » Sleep » Is Self-Embedding Dangerous?

Is Self-Embedding Dangerous?

I recently started self-embedding, I’ve been pushing metal needles into my thigh. Once they’re in, I cannot get them out –they’re in too deep. Can this cause any serious health issues ? How can I get them out if it is dangerous ?

Is Self-Embedding Dangerous?

A.

Yes, it’s dangerous. You could get a serious infection. Untreated infections can become life-threatening. The only way to get them out safely is to see a doctor. Please get to a physician right away.

Once those needles are out, I think you should make an appointment to see a mental health professional. Something is bothering you so much that you are trying to distract yourself with a habit that is truly dangerous. Dstraction only works for a little while. Whatever the issues are always come back. I think it’s better to go after them directly with some counseling and support. Yes, it will be hard. Yes, at times it may even be painful. But nobody ever got an infection from talking. With time and effort, you will find ways to work through your troubles instead of just sticking pins in them.

Is Self-Embedding Dangerous?