Home » I want to be paralyzed

I want to be paralyzed

I know it sounds awful and I hate it…. but I want to know if there’s a psychological problem related to this or if I’m just a psycho. And if so are there any cures or ways to make me change. I hate it and m embarrassed but I fantasize being paralyzed ad if I wasn’t a religious person I don’t thin I’d able to stop myself from making this a reality and harming myself. Ive come close to it but then I feel ashamed. WHICH I KNOW I SHOULD BE! If anyone who is or knows someone paralyzed I apologize. I now it’s sick but I seriously don’t know how to stop these feelings…

I want to be paralyzed

A.

I am very glad you took the time to write this. The fact that you feel upset about these thoughts and felt prompted to write us is a very positive sign. You know this fantasy isn’t truly part of you and are feeling the angst because of it. Honor the discomfort and talk to a therapist about when it began, what has been going on in your life, and the possible reasons you would fantasize about it happening. My guess is that in starting to explore your discomfort with the fantasy you may come to understand more about how it began, and what can be done about it.

I want to be paralyzed