Home » I need help

I need help

I have been going through body issues ever since I was in grade 5, which has now in high school led to suicidal thoughts and me cutting myself. I sometimes think to maybe talk to my parents but they just laugh and are like you are a teenager this stuff happens they never actually listen to my issues. I am ugly and stupid my parents want me to be a social, happy girl who doesn’t want me to wear black. I have been like this for a long time crying everyday, cutting myself really hard. Every time I see a knife I want to kill my self. I can see the change in myself. My parents think of me as a loser, someone who can’t do anything. I myself want some help I want to go to a therapist. I have never in my life honestly been happy without any problems. My parents think of me as a joke!

I need help

A.

I am sorry your parents aren’t giving you the attention and care you need. But this doesn’t mean that you can take care of these feelings. I am very glad you took the time to write.

Since you are a sophomore in high school the best place to begin is with your guidance counselor. Make an appointment with him or her. Typically counselors are very well trained and skilled in understanding the issues you are presenting, and he or she will be able to guide you toward getting some therapy. That includes helping your parents become aware of your needs.

I think you should be very proud of yourself for having the courage to reach out to us here. I encourage you to continue by making the connection with your counselor as soon as you can.

I need help