Home » My Dad Is Abusive But I Don’t Want To Be In Foster Care

My Dad Is Abusive But I Don’t Want To Be In Foster Care

I’m very scared of calling CPS but I don’t want to live here anymore. I cant live here anymore my dad is abusive and always has but I can’t take it anymore. I’m scared to be put in a foster care though. I don’t have any relatives left over and my mom doesn’t stop my dad.

A.

Click arrow below to listen to therapist’s response

[powerpress]

Talk to a trusted adult and please share these resources with them so they can help you.
Connecticut Department of Children and Families
Connecticut Office of the Child Advocate
The Children’s Law Center of Connecticut
Childhelp.org

My heart goes out to you. Thanks for your courage in reaching out for help.

Julie Hanks, LCSW

Julie Hanks, LCSW

Julie Hanks, LCSW has over 20 years in the mental health field providing outpatient psychotherapy services to children, adolescents, adults, couples and multi-problem families with complex mental health and relationship problems. Find out more at WasatchFamilyTherapy.com. Follow Julie on Twitter & Facebook. Visit Julie's new blog for therapists Private Practice Toolbox