Home » Arranged marriage and no communication

Arranged marriage and no communication

I don’t know what to do I got married like a month ago everything was going fine between me and my partner, then he had to go back to his country as he is not from mine, and a long-distance relationship began and than things fell apart it was always I who texts or call he never made the initiative –and now we had a fight and communication is totally broken. I don’t know what to do and am stressed. I don’t know what went wrong he was fine when he was here but since gone, I don’t recognize him anymore. What should I do?

Arranged marriage and no communication

A.

This sounds very upsetting and very unsettling as well. You need to find a way to cope with the fact that this young marriage has hit a very rough spot. Since your husband is unavailable emotionally and geographically I would encourage you to begin therapy to start sorting through your options and your feelings. The find help tab at the top of the page may be able to help you locate someone in your country.

If your husband is unavailable then you have to reclaim yourself. The therapy will allow you to begin this process. But there are culturally important issues here as well. As this marriage was arranged I would encourage you to talk with your family about the current situation and seek their advice.

Arranged marriage and no communication